Are you dissatisfied with work?
Do you feel like you're on an endless quest to find a job that you will actually like? Have you taken career assessments, personality tests, and searched tirelessly on job search sites, only to find yourself even more confused than before?
Get ready to...
Get ready to find work you love!
Join me on a journey back to your childhood to rediscover your WHY.
From the first module of the Inner Compass Process, you will clarify what you do best, what holds you back, and what will make you truly fulfilled at work.
In less than 8 weeks, you will have a clear career direction and a roadmap for moving forward with your job search.
Reignite the Joy You Felt as a Child
Five months into a frustrating job search, I enrolled in Danielle's course in hopes of mapping my interests to a viable career. Danielle’s method doesn’t resemble any conventional career workshop you might attend: the class begins with a return to childhood, back when pursuing one’s passion was as natural as breathing. What we loved doing and how we felt while doing it don’t disappear with age; instead, we bury them under pressure to shape ourselves into who the world tells us we are. Anyone who enrolls in this course will rediscover parts of themselves they left behind and then apply them in a meticulous analysis of personal strengths, abilities, opportunities for growth, and potential careers that align with them. In the end, Danielle's course left me with renewed confidence and a sense of resolve I haven't felt in some time.
Discover Your Values
Danielle’s approach and framework was groundbreaking for me. She helped quickly uncover areas why I was stuck and help find a practical way forward. I think sometimes I’ve feared working with a career coach because the answer would be – “give up everything to follow your dreams that you had as an 8-year-old despite having bills to pay!” There is of course some uncovering of your passions, talents from childhood, but she also takes all of your life and what you’ve learned as an adult in working with you to shape what you do next and how to get there. I got smarter about what my values are within my life and career and read job descriptions with a lot more discernment. I can’t recommend her highly enough.
Understand How You Want to Spend Your Time
Since I was in college, I have wrestled over what I want my career to look like. After feeling like my career path wasn’t as fulfilling as it could be for quite some time, I decided to look for a career coach professional who had the skills to guide me through the process. Danielle was so patient with me and guided me through the problems and achievements of my life thus far, even going back to childhood. I gained valuable insight into what skills I want to use going forward and where I truly want to spend my time. After all, we all work for the majority of our lives, so we owe it to ourselves to make sure that the career path we choose will maximize our happiness. Now I know the direction I want to head in and have a clearly defined path to get there.
The Inner Compass Course
Play Your Way to Clarity
- Clarify the innate abilities that make you want to get out of bed and go to work
- Make work feel more like play
- Reignite the joy and levity you had as a kid
Step into Your Freeing Mindset
- Understand the patterns that make you thrive and those that keep you stuck
- Shift out of patterns that don't serve you
- Experience more fulfillment NOW, before you make a career change
Discover What You're Meant to Do
- Identify your top four values that you must share with your employer
- Discover the one or two natural gifts that you want to be paid for in your career
- Understand WHY you are motivated to use your natural gifts based on your life story
Explore Fulfilling Career Options
- Identify the skills you want to use in your work and the ones that burn you out
- Build a picture of your ideal workday
- Decide if you want to change your job, employer, career, or industry
- Create a list of options, including job titles, career paths, prospective employers, or potential industries that excite you
Become a Career Sleuth
- Dig into new and exciting career options
- Learn how to do targeted career research and the best resources to do it
- Save time and energy by learning how to match job descriptions with what you want in a career
Test Before You Invest
- Grow your network and tap the hidden job market
- Alleviate your fears and test your assumptions with career conversations
- Test the waters before you invest time, money, and resources into making a career change
Gain Clarity on Your Search
- Narrow down your search to one or two fulfilling options
- Feel confident about your choice for your new direction
Make an Action Plan for the Future
- Create a doable plan for making a career change
- Choose effective job search strategies to accomplish your goals
- Plan for obstacles you might encounter so that nothing gets in your way
How does the Inner Compass Course Work?
ALL COURSE OPTIONS INCLUDE:
The Inner Compass Process Course Materials
Each module includes weekly video lessons and a section in the Inner Compass workbook that you will complete to clarify your career direction.
You will receive weekly emails that will help guide you through the process.
True North Guide
Use my unique framework for understanding the connections between your inner compass, the roles and responsibilities you are looking for in a job, and the job titles you want to target.
The Inner Compass Skills Assessment
This original skills assessment will help you envision how you want to spend your time everyday.
- The Inner Compass Process book (PDF)
- How to Use LinkedIn for Your Job Search (Video)
- Job Search spreadsheet (Google Doc)
- Common Career Changes and Pivots (PDF)
SMALL-GROUP COACHING INCLUDES:
60-minute weekly coaching calls on Zoom
- Get your questions answered
- Share and process your experiences with others
- Do unique exercises to get unstuck, connect with your intuition, and trust yourself to move forward
Calls will be recorded if you can’t be there live (we’ll miss you!)
Limited to 10 participants.
Option to Be Matched With an Accountability Partner
- Increase your likeliness to follow through when you go through the process with a buddy
- Have someone in your life who knows what you're going through and will hold you accountable
- Share resources and networking opportunities
Group Coaching FAQs
Join the Next Small Group Coaching Cohort in March!
Monday evenings from 5:00-6:15 PM MST (7-8:15 EST)
March 22, and 29 | April 5, 12, 19 and 26 | May 3 and 10
INDIVIDUAL COACHING INCLUDES:
One-On-One Coaching Calls
In addition to the course materials, you will get six 1-hour individual coaching calls and personalized email support. I will help you overcome roadblocks, finalize your True North Guide, generate a career list, and create a plan to accomplish your goals.
If you want guidance on your inner work, access to my expert knowledge of careers and advice for your specific situation, this is the option for you!
Individual Coaching FAQs
Meet Your Coach
Nine years ago, when working as a career counselor for high school students, I realized that I didn't feel fulfilled in my career.
I began the journey of looking for my "life's purpose" and "career calling."
I didn't discover my "life's purpose" - I found that the answers to a fulfilling career had been inside of me all along, hiding in my childhood memories.
Since then, I have taken over 450 clients on their own path to career fulfillment using the Inner Compass Process.
I look forward to joining you on your journey to find your fulfilling career.
- I’ve been in career development for nine years and in private practice for seven
- I’ve coached over 450 career seekers to find more fulfilling careers
- I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and a Global Career Development Facilitator Instructor for the National Career Development Association
- I’ve presented at national career conferences and been published in national career magazines
Is The Inner Compass Course for me?
✓ It is for you if…
- You’ve been in your career for at least two years and know you aren’t fulfilled.
- You are open to digging deep and going back to your childhood to reconnect with the true you. (This will include revisiting negative memories because they help you understand what motivates you and what holds you back.)
- You are committed to spending several hours each week working toward a career change.
- You are determined to make a change even when it feels hard.
- You are open to making a career change that is based on the reality of your situation.
- You are willing to invest the time, money, and energy to making a shift because you know you deserve to feel fulfilled everyday.
- You are willing to reach out to others for help when you need it because you cannot do this alone.
✗ It’s not for you if…
- You do not want to dig deep and go back to your childhood.
- You want someone to give you the answers.
- You want your career coaching experience to focus on aptitude tests and career assessments.
- You’re in a rush to make money.
- You want to jump right into the job search.
- You’re looking for guidance to write your cover letter or resume.
Understand What Motivates You
This program was great because it really makes you take a look at yourself closely and understand what motivates you. I’d been struggling a lot in jobs that just didn’t fulfill me but thanks to working with Danielle, I now know what kind of work keeps me motivated and what kind of work I enjoy. This was money well spent! If you’re struggling to find that next step in your career I highly recommend the Inner Compass Process!
Find out What Makes you Fulfilled
Danielle is amazing. I have tried mentor groups, bought books, CDs, coaches, and I have never had the level of clarity and certainty as I did after working with Danielle. You will learn the exact roles that fit you in your career, and how to evaluate different career paths all based on the foundation for what you truly need to be happy, fulfilled and ultimately successful. I cannot say enough about how valuable the experience was for me.
Gain Valuable Networking Skills
Danielle's approach to helping me figure out my best path as I transitioned careers was right-on. Danielle is a great and wise listener. Additionally, my networking skills went through the roof as a result of my time working with Danielle.
After working with Danielle, I took a risk on a seven-month program in data science and ended up with three competitive job offers. I couldn't have done it without her.
See the Possibilities!
Danielle's thoughtful & unique approach really helped me redirect my approach to my career. Prior to working with her, I felt stuck and could not see how my skills could be transferrable in another industry. I now see many possibilities!
—Rachel Sax Ramos